Monday, November 07, 2005

Personal Computers, Servers Or ISP?

You need a server to host your site so that it can be viewed over the internet. This server can either be an Internet Service Provider or of your own. Most websites are hosted by an Internet Service Provider because they can provide powerful server hardware, high speed connections and reliable server support.

Most providers have very fast connections to the Internet such as a full T3 fiber-optic (45 Megabytes per second) connections which is about 1000 high speed (56 Kilobytes per second) modems combined.

For those who are looking to set up their own servers and host their own websites, a personal computer is often not powerful enough to do the job. As the name suggests, a personal computer can hardly handle multiple visitors to your website- servers are needed to handle these visitors simultaneously.

Getting Your Web Hosting

There are thousands of companies that offer web hosting for your website. Which to choose and what to look out for? With the multitude of features and terms in each hosting plan, it can be puzzling for those who are just starting out. The golden rule in choosing your website: Nothing beats reliable web hosting. Many web hosting plans offer more space, more benefits than others. The decision to your web hosting should be based on reliability. We have seen too many disappointed website owners who chose benefits and space over reliability.




About the Author


Lester Boey works in an Australian Web Design and Internet Marketing company -Australian Seo and Web Designs Services - http://www.definiteweb.com/
His life revolves around websites; providing full-time and freelance seo services to US and Australian businesses. Email: projects@definiteweb.com




isp

14 Comments:

Blogger Limousines in Los Angeles said...

Thanks for the blog, I think it's good. Just keep going! Don't stop. I have a internet access numbers, website. If you'd like to get more info about internet access numbers and related stuff, please check it out!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Loan Master Site.com said...

I read your blog. I'll give it a bookmark. I like it. I have a la limousine, website. If la limousine strikes your interest, come take a peak if you get a chance!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Emerald Web Hosting said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a hosting personal site web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

11:38 AM  
Blogger kleinooo said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a IRA Distribution site. It pretty much covers IRA Distribution related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Limo Driver said...

I was just checking out your blog site. I think you have a good one here. It's worth another return visit. I have a unlimited internet access, website. It's not as good as your blog but if you need unlimited internet access, then please come take a look!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Loan Master Site.com said...

Interresting blog! You can bet I'll be checking back in on it. I have a unlimited internet access website. If unlimited internet access is of interest to you, then take a peak if you get a chance.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Loan Master Site.com said...

I fully anticipate stopping back for some great updates. I have a internet access monitor, website. If you would like to know more about internet access monitor, stop by and check it out when you can. Thank you.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Runservers.com said...

Just came accross your blog while browsing. I invite you to visit the:unlimited internet access website. Thanks.

2:20 PM  
Blogger joewilliams6667 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

12:09 AM  
Blogger Limousines in Los Angeles said...

I fully anticipate stopping back for some great updates. I have a best web hosting provider, website. If you would like to know more about best web hosting provider, stop by and check it out when you can. Thank you.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Broadband Guy said...

Hi, Internet Service Provider, do you know where I can order at&t broadband or atleast find out if at&t broadband is available in my area? Thanks

5:32 AM  
Blogger BlogCrazy said...

this post is an interesting read. I've been reading a ton more blogs and blogging myself much more now that I have 14.95 Verizon DSL. 14.95 Verizon DSL sure makes running a blog alot faster, you should swing by my site sometime and see if you can get DSL too now that it's cheaper than dialup ($12.99 a month!) WOO HOO!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Broadband Guy said...

Internet Service Provider, This blog is great! I'll be sure to visit more often now that I have AT&T $12.99 DSL!

10:15 AM  
Blogger joeytheo93350625 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home